1958 Cadillac Coupe de Ville
An increasingly rare icon of the fifties
For sale a beautiful time machine, right out of 1958! This Caddy shows 91700 miles and is imported from Canada, Saskatoon. The car is very original, however I suspect it has been restored before. Initially black, but repainted dark blue with zilver rooftop. I had many parts professionally repainted as wel by "Priceless paint" in Asperen, including a silver rooftop. It looks stunning! Many of the chrome bumper parts and ornaments are newly tripple plated. The result is a beautiful and sparkling colourful car. No underlying rust issues. Very straight body and good fittings. The original, Special Order interior is redone and shows very well, very clean. Everything semi-untouched by time. Glass is what you might expect from a car from 1958, but overall still very representable and acceptable. The 5.8 liter/310 hp V8 starts good, no smoke. Idles great and has lots of power. Steering, brakes, transmission, suspension all in good condition. Some oil drips after driving from the transmission, nothing worrysome. The whitewalls are nice, with the beautiful and rare optional spokewheels. All doors open and shut good. Under the hood a rebuilt engine. Rebuilt trans. Original rebuilt Carter carburator. All windows work, although the right side switches do not.
Attention: this car is not a nut and bolt restauration, however it has had a lot of love and attention and wears still all the original parts and interior. It presents very, very well with an appearance you will not see often. However it drives and stops very different than a modern car.
This car is recently licensed and safetied by Dutch-state RDW.
- Rebuild engine @ 2000 miles ago
- Interior redone
- Many new rubbers
- 365 cu, V8
- 4 x new shockabsorbers
- Brakes redone
- Dual exhaust
- Electric windows
- Electric front bench
- Rebuild starter
- Rebuild original Carter 4 barrel carburateur
- "Special order" original interior. Vermillion red, only available in the very exclusive Eldorado convertable. Seldomly seen in this combination
- All ignition parts replaced
- 2 x new balljoints
- New transmission mount
- Rebuild automatic transmission
- New hood emblem
- New gold plated Cadillac "V"
- 70% new tripple plated chrome (complete front bumper assembly, hood bar, side spears, gunsight, fins en outerparts rear bumper
- New rubber bumper bullets
- 60% new paint (Bonnet, front side fenders, roof and trunklid)
- Interior panels professionally redone, new carpet, insulation.
- Redone dash, clock functional
- Optional, unique en period correct wire wheels with nice whitewall tires
- New outside mirror
- 6-way adjustable electric front bench
- New battery
- Original radio does not work
- Autronic eye installed, not functioning. Original electronics still there
- Original EZ eye tinted glas, some delamination
- Vacuum window wash not functioning
- Some exterior decoration parts are not 100%. This is not distracting from the presence of this car.
This is the complete sum up of all that matters on this Cadillac.
Asking Price €49950,-
How much does transportation cost?
The cost of shipping a car to..... Switzerland is approximately 1000 Euro by trailer.
To....Brussels is 250 Euro
The cost of shipping this car to the other end of the world, from the Netherlands to Australia (Sidney) would be around 1800 euro, depending on the shipping company and how far inland transport is needed on destination.
Loadingcosts/BAF/AMS/containertrucking/export documentation/bill of load/administration costs sea cargo/ THC Rotterdam.
Transport insurance/ container customsscan if appropriate/importduties-VAT overimport/local charges/couriercosts
Check out my facebookpage @ timetravelclassics for extra supernice info on many classics!